Matagorda Beach Rules & Regulations
- Driving on the beach requires a $10 beach vehicle permit.
- Only registered vehicles are allowed on the beach. No ATVs, UTVs, or dune buggies.
- The beach is a state highway. All normal motor vehicle laws apply.
- The official speed limit on the beach is 20mph.
- Driving in the dunes or on vegetation is illegal & contributes to beach erosion.
- No Glass Containers!
- No swimming near the jetties or pier. There are strong currents in this area.
- Camping is permitted with no additional fee. You may camp for up to 72 hours.
- No Littering! Pack out all trash.